- Scripture as "witness" and the rule of faith
- The function of Scripture
- The dynamic of Scripture
- The complexity of "canon"
- Politics and the religious role of canon
- The Writing of Scripture
- Historical criticism and the reading of scripture
- The exegetical obligations of the redeemed
- The difference between Scripture and canon
- The nature of the substance of the Bible
- Clarifying the Bible's "subject matter"
Sunday, 20 July 2008
Thread Summary: The authority of Scripture
The following is a summary of my posts dealing with the first of Childs' so-called "constitutive features of Christian exegesis":