Saturday 29 December 2007

New Year in Berlin and Open Source Scholarship

This is just a quick note, scribbled from my in-law's place in Berlin, that posts will be sporadic till I get back after New Year. That includes responses to comments on my posts. I promise to be thinking about an answer before I get back!

I should quickly use this opportunity to draw attention to Dave Beldman's useful list of open source links for biblical scholarship. He also has a great bibliography for Ecclesiastes here.

Another exciting resource is Yale University's online introductory courses, which you can either watch with Quick Time or listen to on your iPod. Deane has a great summary of their introduction to the Old Testament (by Christine Hayes) here. Other courses on offer are:

Astronomy
English
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology

So, till I get back to the Internet, have a happy new year!

No comments: