Friday 11 April 2008

Conversations: the theological ground of interpretation and Hans Frei's heremeneutic

I currently have two conversations on the go, so no new post today. The first concerns Hans Frei's heremeneutic and can be found here, the second concerns whether being a "Christian" is a requisite for being able to interpret the Bible to the full. A provocative, and for many off-putting question to be sure. It's also far more complex than I am presenting it, but I think talking it through is a healthy exercise. Decide for yourself here.

For those worried about "politeness" and causing offense, don't be worried on my account. I like a good tussle, so go ahead and say what you want! Have a look at the "introduction" to my blog on the top right had corner:

Please feel free to criticise me, deconstruct me, tear me apart. In fact, I want you to do it! Don't worry about politeness, but do it with love. Which is, of course, harder than being polite.

No comments: